Eye Care Tips for Children
Eye care Tips regarding watching TV, computer etc…
- Never allow them to read in the lying position
- Do not allow them to watch TV in the lying position
- Keep the TV at a height so that it is not too above or below the level of the eye of the child
- Reading in a moving vehicle should not be allowed.
- While viewing TV, keep your child atleast 3 meters away
- Please do not compel the child to read or write before the age of 4 (four) years
- While working on a computer, let the screen be straight in front of the eyes.
- Use LCD screen as far as possible.
Eye care tips on daily routines….
- While going to bed and after rising from bed in the morning, wash the face, eyes and legs with clean water.
- Have headbath with cold water daily.
- Apply a little oil on head and massage gently before bath.
- If you are using medicated oil, it should be strictly against the direction of a doctor.
- To apply little oil on the foot, either before bath or at bedtime is very good.
- If there is habit of swimming, goggles are compulsory.
Eye care tips on diet..
- Confirm that your kid takes food at correct time daily
- Do not give fried items in empty stomach
- Avoid too much hot and spicy items. E.g. pickles, masalas etc.
- Meat of birds is better than other types of meat.
- Better to use steamed or boiled food than fried items.
- Make sure fruits are included in the daily menu
- Green vegetables is absolutely necessary for a healthy eye
- Cut short junk food.
- Give supper atleast 2 hours before going to bed.
- Make sure children take enough water daily