12 Ways To Improve Your Vision Naturally
To improve vision naturally, you have to adapt to a healthy lifestyle. Emphasis on the ocular system has to be an important aspect of this lifestyle.
“I want to improve just my vision, and not interested in general health”. This is NOT at all possible. Without considering your general health, you cannot improve your vision only.
More than 60% of systemic diseases have their own ocular manifestations. Diabetes mellitus, hypertension, sinusitis, migraine, allergies, skin lesions, etc. are only examples. That means, we have to consider these general diseases while focusing on ocular health. so, first of all, follow a healthy lifestyle and a balanced diet.
Here are some factors on which you have to give importance to improve your vision:
- Wake up in the early morning. That is, before sunrise. Your eyes should be opened when the sun rises up.
- Practice oil application on the head before head bath. The oil should be selected according to your body constitution, dwelling place, profession, other diseases (if any) etc. An ayurvedic ophthalmologist can help you in this aspect. whenever you apply oil on the head, apply the same oil on the foot also, and do a gentle massage
- Eye exercises – The term eye exercise refers to scientific eyeball movements for increasing the functional capacity of the muscles and nerves related to eye. These are scientifically arranged eye ball movements and focusing on light sources etc. It will give the following benefits.
- It will improve the muscle function of the eye
- It will maintain the elasticity and flexibility of muscle fibres related to the eye
- It will keep the fluid system of the eye normal
- It will increase the adapting power of your eyes
- It will increase the functional capacity of nerves related to eye
4. Nasal drops – Application of nasal drops will help you to improve the vision. But, it should be selected wisely according to the direction of a doctor only.
5. Simple ophthalmic medications – there are certain simple ophthalmic treatment procedures that can be done at home as a routine daily practice.
Examples are given below:
- Netrasekam – it is the application of medicine as a stream in the eyes.
- Aschotanam – application of medicine drop by drop in the eyes.
- Anjanam – application of medicine along the inner side of lid margins. The medicines and selection of procedure varies according to body nature, age, other systemic diseases (if any) etc.
6. Practice of yoga – There are yoga postures to improve the vision. For e.g., surya namaskar, thradakam, etc. But if you have any diseases of symptoms take a consent from your doctor before starting any type of yoga postures.
7. Sleep – Sleep is highly essential for a healthy eye. Ensure 7 to 8 hours of sleep during night. Sleep is the only time when your eyes get rest. But be aware that day sleep is NOT good and will not give the desired good results as that of night sleep.
8. Diet – Everybody knows that diet is the most important influencing factor as far as health is concerned. So, selection of food items, dosage, timings, etc are very very important.
9. Fruits – Fruits are absolutely necessary for your eyes. But citrus fruits are not recommended for daily intake. Add variety of fruits in your daily menu especially along with breakfast. Generally speaking, grapes are the best ones for your eyes.
10. Vegetables – Vegetables are rich in different types of vitamins and minerals. Just like fruits, we have to take variety of vegetables. Because, all vitamins are necessary for the eye. Vitamin A is necessary for the functions of cornea and retina, Vitamin B for vascularity and muscles, Vitamin C for retinal functions, Vitamin D for nuclear lens, and so on… So, ensure that you are taking different types of fruits.
11. Milk and ghee – In general, milk and ghee are very good for the eyes. The best ones is cow milk and cow ghee. But, if you have any other systemic diseases, you have to discuss with your consulting doctor before starting these. Anyway, simple cow ghee and cow milk will not give any adverse effect in most cases.
12. Non-Vegetarian items – Non-Veg items will NOT do any harm to your eyes if you are used to it. But, make sure that you are taking vegetables and fruits also along with it. Be careful – Deep fried items are NOT good for your eyes, whether they
Frequently Asked Questions
What all should I pack before travelling to Matha for my treatment?
Trivandrum has a very humid weather. Hence light and comfortable cotton clothes are your best choice. We do not allow footwear's worn outside to be used indoors. Hence, indoor slippers (or flip flops) are also necessary. Personal use items such as bath towel, soap, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush, shaving sets, etc. are also among the items to be packed. As rains are very common, an umbrella would come in handy. If you are in the habit of drinking hot water, a flask would be needed.
In our deluxe rooms, bath towels, soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, slippers are provided and need not be packed.
What if I forget to pack something?
We are there for your help. Please inform our reception team members, and they would be happy to solve your problems.
What is my diet going to be at Matha?
Doctors decide your diet based on your clinical needs, your treatments and medicines. However, on a general note, your day starts with tea/coffee/herbal drink. Then you have the breakfast at 9.00 am. This is normally dosa / idli / puttu which keeps on rotating. You may also order for bread toast / upuma. A juice suited for you will be served at 11.00 am. For lunch, we have a typical south Indian diet which consists of chapathy and rice with 3 types of curries. The rice is normally boiled rice. However, you may place a special request for white rice / chapathy only also. Eggs can also be added on request. Evening tea is served at 4.00 pm along with snacks. Dinner is served at 7.00 pm consisting of Chapathy and veg curry. Kanji is also available on request.
Those requiring special diets would be served with the appropriate food as per doctors’ instructions.
How is a day going to be Matha during the course of my treatment?
A normal day during your cure at Matha would be scheduled as given below. It is a relaxed schedule. The intention is to create an environment enabling you to reset your habits and sleep cycles. You need to spend time with oneself and nature in solitude and silence. Thus, you are able to connect with your mind and soul. This connection will support in natural healing.
06.00 - 07.00 am wake up, daily prayers, meditation and time for daily rituals
07.45 - 08.00 am Preparation for your daily treatments
08.00 - 08.30 am Early treatments
09.00 - 09.30 am Breakfast time
09.30 - 11.00 am Morning treatments, time to connect with your mind and soul
11.00 - 11.10 am light juices
09.30 - 01.00 pm Morning treatments and consultation with physicians
01.00 - 02.00 pm Lunch served in room
02.00 - 04.00 pm afternoon treatments and relaxation time
04.00 - 04.10 pm Evening tea / snack time
04.10 - 05.30 pm afternoon treatments and rest thereafter
05.30 - 06.45 pm Time to interact and meet with other guests
06.45 - 07.30 pm Dinner served in room
07.30 - 09.00 pm Time to fill your mind with good thoughts and get ready for a good sleep.
In addition to the above schedule, internal medicine is an integral part of your curing process. They would be given to you at the right times (early morning, afternoon, evening and before sleep) by our medical team. Yoga is not part of daily routine unless prescribed by your physician.
Is laundry service available at the hospital?
Inhouse laundry service is available. Laundry can be handed over to reception and will be returned after washing. We have only a basic laundry and not a high-end professional service. Pressing / Ironing is NOT done.
How is the weather in Trivandrum?
Trivandrum is the southernmost district of the state of Kerala. The weather remains more or less the same during summer and winter season. The temperatures vary between around 35 to 22 degree Celsius in summer, and between 20 to 32 degree Celsius in winter. We normally have very heavy rainfall during the months of June to august. The average humidity in Trivandrum ranges between 68 to 70 percentage.
Can I plan sight-seeing trips in and around Trivandrum during or after my treatments?
We focus on solving your health concern. Everything else is secondary to us. We recommend you to take maximum rest and to concentrate on your healing during your treatment at Matha.
For patient undergoing eye treatment, sightseeing trips may be allowed only during the initial days of treatment.
For panchakarma treatments, trips are allowed only after the intensive cleansing procedures.
We strongly discourage sightseeing during intensive treatments. Any such trips will be decided only after discussion with the doctors.
What modes of payment do you accept? What about forex services?
We accept cash, cards, and direct transfer to a bank account. We DO NOT accept cheques. Requests for exchange of foreign currency would be handled by reputed forex service companies at Trivandrum.
Can I plan my travel by including trips to other parts of India along with my treatment?
If sightseeing is a serious agenda for you, then our advice is to finish it off before arriving for treatment. Do not stress yourself immediately after completing the treatments.
What about mosquitoes and pests at the hospital?
Trivandrum is blessed with a tropical weather. The abundance of flora and fauna, definitely attracts pests and mosquitoes. Matha uses herbal methods to keep them at bay and to have a safe environment and co-living. We also advise you to keep the doors closed and to use mosquito repellants during the evening times when mosquitoes are most active. We also ask our guests to abide by our policies on food waste management to minimize pests in rooms.
Is yoga a part of my daily activity at Matha?
Yoga is NOT a part of your daily activity unless prescribed by your treating doctor.
What types of room are available at Matha?
We have three main categories of room:
1 -Simple room. This is a basic Non-AC room with a single bed and attached bath. A small side-bed is also available in this room.
2 - Double Room. Here, two beds are available. AC and NON-AC categories of double room are available.
3 - Deluxe Room. These are our premium rooms, with AC and Queen size beds. Bath towels, soap, white sheets, and pillow covers etc. are available in this category.
Are pickup / drop services available?
Pickup / drop services are available from airport / railway station etc. by our own vehicle or one of our trusted partners. Please inform your pickup / drop requirement in advance so that it can be planned.
What They Say About Us
"The treatment and facilities provided are best.The staff and doctors are very good . A good atmosphere is the best thing I found here. Dr P K santhakumari madam is best and caring . The way she approaches the patient is excellent ."
“Really great treatment and calming surrounding for patients.Dr.Santha kumari Mam ,Dr. Athira,Dr.Heera and therapists Dhanya Chechi ,Suma Chechi and Sreekala chechi were absolutely appreciated for their support and care.Highly recommended ."